Chao Gao’s personal page
I am currently a staff researcher/engineer and team lead at Huawei Canada Research Center in Edmonton. I obtained my PhD degree from the Department of Computing Science, University of Alberta, advised by Prof. Martin Mueller and Prof. Ryan Hayward.
I am interested in various aspects of artificial intelligence. My current research focus is mainly application-driven. Our current work are centered at using AI/ML algorithms for hardware/software optimization. See Projects for more about the projects I have worked on and am currently working on.
- PC member AAAI-RLG workshop 2020, 2021, 2022
- PC member ACG 2019, 2021
- PC member AAAI 2022
- PC member AAAI 2021
- PC member IJCAI 2021
- PC member AAAI 2020
- PC member IJCAI 2019.
- Reviewer of European Journal of Operational Research
- I was recongnized as an outstanding reviewer, certificate.
- PC member IJCAI-ECAI 2018.
- I was recongnized as a distinguished reviewer.
Programming Language: C++, Java, C, Python, Linux Shell, TensorFlow, PyTorch.
- 2017 Computer Olympiad, Hex Tournament Champion.
- 2018 Computer Olympiad, Hex Tournament Champion.
- 2018 Pommerman Competition at NeurIPS (NIPS), top 2 learning agents, worked done as a part-time intern at Borealis AI at Edmonton, collaborated with Pablo Hernandez-Leal, Bilal Kartal, Matthew E. Taylor.